The Senior Research Scientist’s principal responsibility is the design, development, validation and implementation of analytical procedures. The scientist is expected to provide significant contributions to the problems assigned, and to demonstrate an ability to solve problems. This individual will team others in the laboratory and also operate independently on projects.
Key Functions will Include:
1. Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
2. Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as appropriate SOP’s.
3. Present quality written documentation, notebooks, methods, validation reports, data reports and summaries. Contribute technically to the Company’s web site.
4. Communicate effectively in verbal and written form on research results, issues, and plans.
5. Act as a technical consultant: volunteer suggestions on analytical procedures. Perform literature searches to collect information from a spectrum of sources.
6. Develop efficient, selective analytical procedures for assigned compounds. Process samples with developed method in an efficient manner.
Ideal Candidates will have:
1. PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or other equivalent field.
2. At least 5 years of applicable laboratory experience, including supervisory or leadership experience.
Our client is a global contract research and manufacturing organization that has been working with the Life Sciences industry to improve patient outcomes and the quality of life for over 20 years. They have a reputation for providing premier global discovery, development and manufacturing services